The rueLife: Beauty
Yoga & Korean Skin Care: Redoing your Morning Routine
Your alarm goes off. You groan.
Mostly because it’s forty degrees outside and you fell asleep with your make up on... Again.
Your beauty routine needs an upgrade. But how can you possibly look & feel your best so early in the A.M.? The answer is in your routine!
First, treat yourself to a good eight hours of sleep on a consistent basis. Then, when the fateful alarm rings, don’t snooze! Snoozing puts your REM cycle all out of whack (science!). Then, before you start any beauty routine, stretch! Spend ten minutes doing your favorite yoga poses. Don’t know any? Try a simple cycle that will invigorate your mind and body. Use a towel if you don’t have a yoga mat for increased comfort.
- Cat/ Cow- Start on your hands and knees, stacking your hands beneath your shoulders. With every inhale, drop your belly button and your back for cow. On the exhale, arch your back and bring your belly button up and in for cat. Repeat for 30 breaths.
- Downward Facing Dog- A yoga classic! From Cat/Cow, bring yourself up to a triangle position. Make sure your hands and feet are flat on the floor for maximum stretch in the hamstrings. Breathe deeply for 30 breaths.
- Tree Pose- From the first two poses, you should be warm enough for a balancing pose. From Downward Facing Dog, step your feet to your hands & gently roll your body upwards. Reach to the sky and breathe! Bring your hands to prayer at your chest. Once you are steady in your breath, bring your left foot up to your inner thigh or calf. It is important that you do not place your foot on your knee joint. Once steady, train your gaze upwards and reach to the sky. Inhale and exhale ten times, and then repeat on the right side.
- Bridge Pose- From Tree Pose, fold forward and find a supine or laying position. Lift your hips up while keeping your feet at a 90 degree angle and flat on the floor. Inhale for 30 breaths.
- Child’s Pose- Cool down with Child’s Pose. Sit on your knees and fold forward, while having your big toes touch behind you. Stretch your arms out long in front of you and take big inhales and exhales.
Post yoga, take a relaxing shower or bath, and then indulge in a Korean Beauty face mask to make sure your face is glowing all day. Try Ampoule Juice Sheep Soothing Mask By Somoon® for a great base to hold all that positive yoga energy! Take a few extra minutes (and hours if you count the eight hours of sleep you’ve now committed to!) to really take time for yourself—because you are worth it!