- COVID-19, OUR STORES AND FAQs
- rue rewards
- Company Information
- Customer Service
- Returns & Exchanges
- Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store
- Online Ordering
- Gift Card & Store Credit
- Coupon Disclaimers
- General Product Questions
- Employment Opportunities
- California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
- Real Estate
- Honeycomb Activewear 6-13-21
- Rappers Screens Sweepstakes June 11, 2021
- @shaelahmcgilton Giveaway - June 9, 2021
- National Candy Month Giveaway - June 5, 2021
- Summer Wardrobe Giveaway - May 31, 2021
- Pride Sweepstakes - May 26, 2021
- Unity Fragrance Sweepstakes - May 21, 2021
- Mother's Day Giveaway - May 9, 2021
- Golden Waves and Platinum Waves Giveaway - May 5, 2021
- Summer of Love Sweepstakes - May 2, 2021
- Bralettes Sweepstakes - April 27, 2021
- Guys Graphic Tees Giveaway, April 23, 2021
- Botanic Everlasting Giveaway, April 14, 2021
- Rue rewards Appreciation Event Giveaway #2
- Rue rewards Appreciation Event Giveaway #1
- Just Dropped: Spring Tones Sweepstakes
- National Fragrance Day Sweepstakes - March 21, 2021
- Bloom Beyond & Infinite Woods, March 18, 2021
- Spring Break Sweepstakes, March 14, 2021
- International Women's Day Sweepstakes, March 8, 2021
- National Dress Day Sweepstakes, March 6, 2021
rue rewards Program Terms & Conditions
The rue21 rue rewards Program (the “Program”) provides benefits to customers who shop our stores and make purchases online. The Program is really simple when you shop rue21 locations or online at www.rue21.com! Once you enroll in the Program, you can earn points for merchandise purchased and receive rewards which can be used on future purchases.
- Membership in our rue rewards Program is free – no fees or purchases are required to become a member.
- You must be a US resident and 13 years of age or older (see exception below for California residents).
- For California Residents Only: To be eligible to join the Program, you must be a US resident and 16 years of age or older.
- Membership in the Program requires the following information:
- first name
- last name
- phone number
- preferred email address
- (optional) month, day and year of birth
- Personal information you provide must be current and accurate. You can update your profile under My Account or in store with the help of an associate. Note, an associate will ask for you to verify your identity.
- Your personal information is very important to us. For more information visit our Privacy Notice.
- When you enroll in the Program, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Your participation in the Program is entirely voluntary and you may cancel your membership at any time. If you choose to cancel your membership, you can contact us.
- Upon cancelation of membership, all point balances and any eligible rue rewards will be canceled and no longer able to be redeemed. rue21 may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, and will only provide notice to you should there be material changes. Amended Terms and Conditions will supersede all previous versions.
Notice of Financial Incentive
The rue21 rue rewards Program (the “Program”) is a voluntary financial incentive program that allows you to earn points for merchandise purchased and receive rewards which can be used on future purchases. Not only does it allow you to earn rewards, but provides access to member-only bonus point events, special sales, and birthday gifts too!
rue21 may collect and retain the above-referenced categories of information from members, along with their Internet or other electronic network activity information including browsing history, search history and interactions with website/applications. rue21 may use inferences drawn from the information identified above to create a profile about the customer reflecting preferences, characteristics, trends, behavior, and attitudes.
rue21 generally does not assign a monetary or other value to Program members’ personal information, which rue21 uses only in accordance with our [Privacy Notice]. To the extent that California law requires that a value be assigned, rue21 values the personal information collected from Program members in relation to rue21’s use of such personal information to track and reward its customers based upon frequency of purchases and in connection with its marketing activities. Based on its own estimates of anticipated revenue generated through such marketing activities, the anticipated costs of collection, storage, and use of such information, and other relevant factors permitted by law, rue21 values Program members’ personal information as being equal to the rewards provided by rue21 to members through the Program.
Earning Points and Program Benefits
- Shop rue21 stores and for every $1.00 USD spent (pre-tax and net of discount), you earn 10 points. Once you have spent $75.00, you earn 750 points. Upon achieving 750 points, you automatically earn a $5.00 reward good toward future purchases of merchandise either in-store or online.
- The value of points earned for any given transaction is calculated after any discounts or rewards have been applied, but before taxes and other fees applied. Each item purchased may earn points towards rewards in the Program. Please note, the purchase of gift cards, charitable items and merchandise credits are excluded from earning points.
- Earning points is linked to your membership number (which is your ten-digit phone number provided at the time of enrollment) and must be presented at time of in-store purchase or you must be logged into your online account connected to your loyalty membership when shopping online to receive points.
- There is a maximum of 5,000 points earned per member per day. The minimum points a member can earn on a transaction is 1 point where an eligible item is over $0.05 USD. For example, if you purchased an item selling for $0.04, no points would be awarded.
- Points cannot be earned nor added to the member’s account balance until payment on a given transaction is processed successfully.
- Members may earn points for other activities outside of making a purchase, such as by completing their online profile or responding to a survey. These opportunities will be featured on rue21.com and via outgoing rue21 communications from time to time and value of the activities may vary and are subject to change.
- For any returns or exchanges, point balance will go up or down based on the adjustment to the transaction value associated with the items purchased and the net result of the return or exchange. Should an account have a negative balance, any future purchases may cause the balance to change to positive balance. Any returns or exchanges are linked to your membership number.
- If you make a gift purchase for a friend or family member, the points earned on that original transaction will be adjusted based on your membership number logged on the sales receipt. In other words, the person who made the gift purchase will have his/her points balance adjusted based on the return or exchange.
- An Associate at our store locations or call center can provide current points balance information and support updates to your profile. You may also create and update your profile at rue21.com to view your status, points and reward balances.
Using rue rewards
- Once you have earned 750 points, you will then be issued a reward valued at $5.00 which is then available to be used in-store or online for purchase. Rewards are issued in $5.00 USD increments and are valid through the expiration date noted on the reward itself (see rewards email or text notification, or check the expiration date within your rue21.com account).
- Depending on points accumulated, you can earn rewards greater than $5.00 when you spend $150.00 or more in a single transaction. At your choosing, you can redeem more than one $5 reward in any single transaction that is available in your account. We apply the oldest $5 reward first when redeeming rewards toward new purchases as they cannot be used once expired.
- When shopping in-store, simply inform the Associate at checkout that you wish to use your rue rewards on your current purchases. When shopping online, you will need to log in or create a profile on rue21.com. At online checkout, you can apply your rewards to your online purchase.
- You may use rewards for regular, marked down/reduced or clearance merchandise.
- An Associate at our store locations or call center can provide current rue reward balance information and can advise you if a reward is available for use on your current purchase.
- Rewards are typically available within 1-2 days of achieving a 750-point threshold. For some purchases, it may take longer to post to your profile depending on your payment to process through our systems.
- Once a reward is available for use, the member’s account balance is reduced by 750 points (or more if multiple rewards are issued).
- Rewards can be used toward purchases in combination with other forms of discounts (for example a coupon offer eligible for use in-store).
- When you make a return, you will be refunded the total amount of the purchase, minus your rewards. Rewards are valid for a one-time use and will not be returned to you when you make a return or if you cancel your order.
- Upon redemption of rewards, you may be asked to verify membership or your identity.
Special Birthday Gift
- As a member of rue rewards, you’ll receive a special offer during your birthday month. In order to qualify for this offer, you must provide your date of birth. To do so, create or log in to your online account associated with your rue rewards membership and update your profile to include your date of birth.
- Birthday offers will be sent via email or text and are subject to change. See coupon for additional terms and disclosures.
- rue21 (“Company”), in its sole discretion has the right but not the obligation to establish and offer limited-time opportunities to earn additional points. Members can take advantage of point-earning opportunities with upcoming birthday offers, bonus point events and other member-only sales and special events that may occur from time to time. These opportunities may be featured in emails, text messages or onrue21.com and are subject to be changed, without notice and at any time, in the sole discretion of the Company. Watch for our future communications.
- The Program may not be used for reselling or profit.
- Points cannot be “pooled” or transferred. In other words, a member cannot combine points with another member.
- Points and rewards are not redeemable for cash or the purchase of gift cards. Points and rewards have no cash value beyond this Program.
- Points earned on eligible transactions will expire after 18 months. Once points expire, any rewards (if present in profile) and other credits will also expire.
Points earned may not exceed 5,000 per member per day.
- Rewards may not be gifted, transferred or sold.
- Rewards, once issued, must be redeemed by the published expiration date associated with the reward. Otherwise it will expire and cannot be used in-store or online.
- Rewards cannot be redeemed toward purchases of gift cards, charitable items, merchandise credits, or prior purchases.
- Rewards are not redeemable for cash.
- The Company will investigate any suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions, which may result in immediate termination of the Program account and/or forfeiture of corresponding points, credits, benefits, and rewards. Company reserves the right to void Program accounts and/or rewards, points, credits or benefits associated with anyone who has engaged in deception, forgery, fraud or other abuses of the Program, including reselling clothing or rewards, excessive earning on a single account, or violations of other rights.
- Any corporations, groups, associations or commercial customers and others purchasing items for resale are not eligible for membership in the Program. Company may terminate any account that it determines in its sole discretion to be a corporation, group, association, commercial customer, or other entity purchasing items for resale.
- There may be only one membership account per person. Multiple accounts corresponding to the same person will be subject to termination without notice.
- If an account is terminated, all existing points, benefits and rewards will be forfeited. Company reserves the right to deny or terminate membership if it deems your conduct to violate these Terms and Conditions.
- The Program and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Company and it reserves the right at any time upon notice to alter, modify, restrict, discontinue, or terminate the Program, in whole or in part.
- In the event the Program is discontinued or combined with another program we will attempt to notify you in advance within a reasonable timeframe through your email or mobile phone messaging. Any unused points or other benefits will not be carried into any new program. You will not be entitled to any compensation for any unused points or rewards and the points and/or rewards may have a lesser or different value under any new program.
- In case of suspected fraud, misrepresentation, abuse, or violation of the rules, the Company reserves the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including the termination of a member’s Program participation.
- IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE rue21 RUE REWARDS PROGRAM, THESE PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR THE COMPANY’S OPERATION OF THE rue21 RUE REWARDS PROGRAM.
- Company’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Any claim brought in connection with these rules of the Program will be governed by and must be brought in the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- When enrolling in the Program and providing your personal information (as listed above), you agree to receive marketing (including e-mail, text messages, direct mail and/or voice messages) information from us.
- Your information (including personal information) may be used by the Company and share with our Operational Service Providers (as defined in our Privacy Notice) to inform you of offers, promotions or services. Such information may be combined with other information submitted to the Company from suppliers that assist the Company to better understand our customer’s preferences, analytics, and in turn best serve your needs.
- Depending on the terms of your mobile phone calling plan, you may incur a charge for received text messages. Company will not send more than 2 text messages in a week, and no more than 8 text messages total in a month.
- To opt-out of marketing communications, please see our Privacy Notice for guidance.
For Associates and Affiliate Participation Only
The following individuals are eligible to participate in the Program: (1) employees of rue21, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates; (2) Company contracted advertising and promotion agencies; and (3) “immediate family members” of Associates which include spouses and any dependent children living in the same household. Dependent children are defined as any child up to the age of 25, still in school and living within the parent’s household and financially dependent upon the parents.
- In addition to the Program Restrictions, participation by Associates is entirely voluntary and is not a condition of employment. There are no expectations an associate sign-up for the Program, actively participate, or maintain a membership.
- Only one Program membership is allowed per Associate.
- Purchases must be for the Associate and immediate family members only, and not have items purchased for friends or other extended family members.
- Rewards may be combined with the employee discount.
- Any violation of these Terms and Conditions or suspicious use of the Program membership may result in the closure of the Associate member’s Program account, forfeiture of all Program benefits and future participation in the Program, and disciplinary action up to an including termination of employment.
Customer Service Queries
- If you believe your points or rewards were not accurately posted to your profile account as you anticipated, or you have any other questions or complaints, please contact us. You will be asked some questions to verify your identity and membership, and may be required to produce your sales receipts in order to look up the transaction.