- COVID-19, OUR STORES AND FAQs
- rue rewards
- Company Information
- Customer Service
- Returns & Exchanges
- Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store
- Online Ordering
- Gift Card & Store Credit
- Coupon Disclaimers
- General Product Questions
- Employment Opportunities
- California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
- Real Estate
- Betty Boop Giveaway - Jan. 13, 2021
- Just Dropped Active Fit Sweepstakes-January 7, 2021
- Wishlist Sweepstakes Dec 26, 2020
- Just Dropped Sweepstakes-12-10-2020
- E-Vite Sweepstakes, Dec 4, 2020
- Looney Tunes Sweepstakes, Dec 1, 2020
- Black Friday Sweepstakes, Nov 27, 2020
- Gift Card Sweepstakes, Nov 25 2020
- Gift Card Sweepstakes - Nov 9, 2020
- Holiday Launch Giveaway-Nov 2, 2020
- Gift Card Sweepstakes-October 31, 2020
- Cozy Sweepstakes Oct 21, 2020
- Halloween Giveaway - October 15, 2020
- Gift Card Sweepstakes- October 9, 2020
Effective December 30, 2019
1. Non-Personal Information Collected and How Collected. We and our Operational Service Providers (as defined in Section 9 below) and others who host the Site often use technology that can recognize, collect and/or transmit information that is associated with you, but which do not personally identify you. We will use automated technology (cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies), otherwise known as “cookies” to recognize, collect and/or provide information about your visits to the Site. The term “cookie” specifically refers to a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. This type of information includes such data as the Internet or web domain that referred you, the type of operating system and browser you are using, the date and time of your visit, data relating to activities on the Site (e.g., so-called ‘clickstream’ data) and other technological attributes about your visit to the Site. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the Site, track user movements on the Site and gather aggregate demographic information about visitors so we can continually improve the Site and your user experience.
Cookies also allow the Site to recognize a users’ computer or access device each time it is used to visit the Site and cookies can keep count of how often you return. Cookies can also track how you use the Site, your preferences for features and functions and, if you register for the Site, cookies can store information such as your e-mail address and password so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you return to visit. Cookies don’t personally identify you or any particular user or individual.
You can disable or turn off the cookie feature by changing the settings on your Internet browser and you can also change the settings to stop your browser from automatically accepting cookies. Although changing these settings may not affect your ability to browse, it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions of the Site, for instance you will not be able to register for promotions and other programs, and it may also require you to re-enter certain information each time you visit or attempt to use the Site. You should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser to determine how to best configure your browser settings for your needs.
2. Personal Information Collected. The term “Personal Information” refers to any information you provide in connection with your use of the Site by which you can be personally identified. Personal Information may include such things as your full name, physical address, city and state of residence, gender, telephone number, date of birth, username, e-mail address, IP address, payment information (i.e. account information or credit card number), location information, and any other information which might reasonably be used to identify you. We only obtain Personal Information from you when you submit it to us via the Site or through our stores. For example, you may provide information to us when you register for the rueCommunity, join our loyalty program, express an interest in a job opportunity, participate in a promotion, purchase gift cards, request to receive marketing materials, respond to surveys or communicate with our customer service team.
Unless you voluntarily provide or send us Personal Information, we will always ask you to submit or provide your Personal Information before collecting it, and unless we tell you otherwise, such Personal Information will be used for the purpose the information was provided and as set forth in this Privacy Notice. Please note that you may not be able to use some features or content on the Site, if you choose not to provide your Personal Information when requested. If you provide or submit your Personal Information to the Site, you have the right to review, update and/or delete your Personal Information, subject to our obligations to comply with legal, regulatory or internal audit and record-keeping requirements. You should note that after providing your Personal Information to us, our systems may not recognize “Do Not Track” settings in your browser.
3. How Your Information is Used. We may use the information that we obtain from you, including Personal Information: (a) for the specific purpose for which it was submitted (e.g., to receive communication from us by e-mail, to administer promotions, loyalty programs, job postings or other communications); (b) to improve the content, appearance and utility of the Site and to tailor your experience on the Site; (c) to track our visitors’ use of the Site for internal research purposes and to monitor compliance with our Terms; and (d) to notify you of updates to the Site.
4. Children's Policy. Our Site is not directed toward children under the age of thirteen (13) years. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13) years without verifiable parental consent. No one under the age of thirteen (13) years should provide any personal data on our Site or at our stores. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information of a user under the age of thirteen (13) years without verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are a parent and you think we have inadvertently collected personal information from your child who is under thirteen years of age, please contact us.
5. Promotions, Sweepstakes, Contests, and Surveys (collectively “Promotions”). If you submit Personal Information for participation in one of our Promotions we have the right to use this information so that we can administer the Promotions, update your status, notify winners and for other purposes related to the Promotions as set forth in the Official Rules and Regulations for the Promotions. You should read the Official Rules and Regulations for any Promotions in which you participate as you may be required to provide additional ways in which we may use your Personal Information. Our Promotions may be co-sponsored by other companies and personal information collected during the Promotions may be shared with the co-sponsors, prize providers, Promotions administrator or Promotions service provider (collectively, the “Promotion Partners”) participating in or providing services related to the Promotions. Unless you specifically opt-in to receive additional information from one of the Promotion Partners, our Promotion Partners will only use personal information submitted for Promotions as set forth in this paragraph.
6. Loyalty Programs. If you choose to enroll or engage in our optional loyalty program, we will use Personal Information you provide to us, along with information about the items you purchase online or in stores for the purposes of administering the loyalty program including points earned and rewards redeemed through the program.
7. Contacting Customer Service. We use the Personal Information you provide us when you contact our Customer Service Department for the purposes of verifying your identity and addressing any issues you raise.
8. Applying for an Internship or Job Postings. When you apply to any job postings and complete employment applications, we collect Personal Information to contact you and consider you for the position.
9. Disclosure of Your Information To Third Parties. We do not sell, rent, lease, provide or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities. We always have the right to disclose your Personal Information to any third party we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring the Site, content and Promotions, and maintaining and providing internal support for the Site, content, Promotions and services offered through the Site. These third parties are called “Operational Service Providers” and provide internal support for operations and activities and for Site design, development and hosting. Operational Service Providers, in helping us fulfill orders, monitor site activity and conduct and analyze surveys, may track your Personal Information over time and across third-party websites. We always request that our Operational Service Providers protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Site, nor are they permitted to use your Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
We also reserve the right to make your Personal Information available to third parties in the following instances:
• When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
• If we believe you are, have or may violate any law, regulation, or our Terms;
• If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, property, interests or rights of rue21 or others;
• In order to investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests;
• In a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination.
10. Third Party Hyperlinks. The Site may contain links to Third Party Sites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such Third Party Sites. When you leave our Site, you should review the terms and conditions and privacy practices on each and every website you visit as they may differ from those on this Site.
11. Security. We maintain industry standards administrative, technical and physical measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation and destruction. While we are committed to protecting your personal information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
12. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information. You always have the right to request that rue21:
• provide information regarding disclosure of Personal Information to affiliates and other third party for direct marketing;
• correct or update your Personal Information;
• not share your Personal Information with third parties; or
• remove your Personal Information from our active marketing databases.
You may designate an authorized agent (with verified written permission) to make a request under this Section on your behalf.
Although we may provide you with the ability to update or delete Personal Information directly online, some Personal Information may not be changed or deleted by you and requires you to contact rue21 for verification (e.g., birth date, name). If at any time the Site does not allow you to update or delete Personal Information online, or if you need to change information that needs verification, please contact us.
Please note, rue21 does not discriminate against customers that choose to exercise their privacy rights under the law. Through our rue rewards program, however, we may provide you with reward credits or discounts reasonably related to the value we assign to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
13. Subscribing to Communications. You may register on the Site to receive rue21 communications via email and/or text messages by simply signing up using your email address. If you register with the Site, you agree and consent to receive marketing information and updates.
14. Opt-out/Unsubscribe. You may opt-out or unsubscribe to any marketing communications received by following the opt-out/unsubscribe procedures contained in every communication, or by contacting us.
• Email - All our emails communications have a link to allow you to unsubscribe. Please allow 20 business days after opting out for messages to no longer be emailed to you as there may be emails that are already in production.
• Text Messages - If you received text messaging, simply reply STOP to a text message and you will no longer receive those messages. Please allow 7 business days from the date you sent the STOP message for those messages to no longer be sent to your mobile/cell phone. Alternatively, you may text STOP to: 70874 (five-digit number for program text messages). Please note, if you wish to reactivate text messages, simply reply START to a prior unsubscribed text message.
• Location Information - If you use a mobile device, your device may share location information with our Site. To disable location information, you will need to go to your device settings to manage how you share location information.
• Targeted advertising/analytics on social media - We may use third party providers to present targeted advertisements or analytic services on our Site or social media platforms. To opt-out, you will need to work with other websites or platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc) to change your advertising preferences in your account settings.
15. User with Disabilities. We aim to provide an environment in which every individual has an opportunity to be part of the rueCommunity and where full inclusion and respect for all people is encouraged. When our platforms are not accessible, we recognize this may have an impact on people with disabilities. If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this site interferes with your ability to access information or perform any function, please contact us.
16. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options from companies conducting business in California. To make such a request, either contact our designated Privacy Administrator via the contact us form on our Site or you may contact us via email, phone or postal mail, proper postage prepaid, at:
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
New rue21, LLC
800 Commonwealth Dr.
Warrendale, PA 15086
Email: [email protected]
17. Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information. - We are exclusively based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by US law. By using this Site and providing information to us, you consent to the collection, processing and transfer and storage of information about you and you hereby agree to the privacy laws of the United States.
18. Data Retention. We retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law or regulation.
19. Changes to Privacy Notice. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, add or delete provisions of this Privacy Notice at any time by updating or revising this posting and such revisions shall take effect as of the date of posting. Your use of any of the Site after the effective date of any such change, means you accept and agree to be bound by the Privacy Notice, as modified. Regularly review this Privacy Notice so that you remain aware of the terms and conditions that apply to you.
20. Contact Us. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us.
Copyright © 2019 New rue21, LLC - All Rights Reserved.