Rules and Regulations
(Kane Brown Meet & Greet Contest)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entry Timing: The “Entry Period” for the “Kane Brown Meet & Greet Contest” (“Promotion”) is from 12:00:00 PM EST on December 5, 2022 to 9:00:00 PM EST on December 23, 2022.
2. Who Can Enter: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and Washington D.C. who are the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Entrants must be an Instagram account holder to enter, and entrant’s Instagram account must not be private. Void where prohibited. Employees, members, officers or directors of New rue21, LLC (“Sponsor” or “rue21”) and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of the Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Requirements: The Submission must comply with the following requirements: (i) the Submission may not feature any person other than entrant or Kane Brown unless they have consent of the other person / people that are included; (ii) other than the Sponsor, its products, brands and/or logos, the Submission may not show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or product of any other retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character in such a way or manner as to imply an affiliation with, or endorsement of, the Sponsor, its products, brands and/or this Sweepstakes; (iii) the Submission must be entrant’s own original work (or the entrant must have the rights from the photographer or videographer to make the submission), created solely by entrant and not created professionally; must not have won any award; (iv) the Submission may not contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any material that is violent, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, racially or morally offensive or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material; (v) the Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (vi) the Submission cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsor, its products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (vii) the Submission cannot contain any personal identification, such as personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without express permission of Sponsor; (viii) the Submission cannot itself be in violation of any law; and (ix) the Submission must otherwise be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Submission that Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, does not comply with or is in violation of these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content.
5. Grant Of Rights: By submitting the Submission, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has all right, title and interest necessary to grant the Sponsor the worldwide, irrevocable and unrestricted right and license to adapt, publish, use, edit, create derivative works and/or modify such Submission in any way and post the Submission on the internet or use the Submission in any other way and agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from any claims to the contrary.
6. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification: Each person who enters this Sweepstakes represents and warrants as follows: (i) entrant has obtained any and all necessary permissions required to submit the Submission and for Sponsor’s right to use the Submission for any purpose, including the consent of any identifiable third person(s) appearing in the Submission, and entrant can and will make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsor upon request; (ii) the Submission is owned by entrant; (iii) the Submission is wholly original with entrant and, as of the date of submission, the Submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iv) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity; and (v) the Submission does not and 2 will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be considered defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor, Administrator and their subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
7. Prize and Prize Drawings: On or about December 27, 2022, up to 15 (15) prize winners will be selected from the eligible entries based on the following criteria: 25% for originality, 25% for creativity, and 50% for enthusiasm. The prize winners will receive an opportunity to meet and greet with Kane Brown at our rue21 store located at Opry Mills Shopping Center in Nashville, TN (“Prize”), with an estimated value of $10.00. The Winners shall be responsible for all travel costs to the Nashville, TN Opry Mills store location, including, but not limited to, airfare, lodging and/or vehicle mileage reimbursement, and Winners expressly acknowledge that Sponsor shall have no responsibility for Winners' travel costs, if any. The odds of winning a Prize are based on the number of eligible entries received by rue21 during the duration of the promotion. No individual prize to be awarded in the Promotion is valued at over Ten Dollars and Zero cents ($10.00) and the total value of all prizes to be awarded over the life of the Promotion is approximately one hundred fifty Dollars and Zero cents ($150). The winners will also be featured on the rue21 website and on official rue21 social media. Winners will be contacted via Instagram message if they have won. Winners agree to the use of their names, addresses, states of residence, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity of this Promotion without further compensation.
8. Winner Notification: An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified. Potential winner will be notified by Instagram direct message from @rue21 between December 22, 2022 through December 29, 2022. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner will be required to respond to the communication from rue21 to acknowledge receipt of the Prize. If no response is obtained 48 hours of notification, attempts may be made to reach the winner by phone or mail or, at rue21’s option, the prize will be awarded to a replacement winner randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram and/or TikTok notification settings are turned on. In the event a question regarding a winner’s identity arises, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry. The winner of a prize awarded pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Promotion may be required to submit an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability upon request of rue21.
9. General Conditions: If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award all prizes claimed prior to cancellation from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received, up to the time of impairment. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in regard to the interpretation or implementation of these official rules.
10. Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, KANE BROWN, INSTAGRAM AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, AND AFFILIATED PARTIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS EMBODIED IN ANY DESCRIPTION, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, CONCERT CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR FOR ANY REASON DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, TERRORISM, OR OTHER EVENTS BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration 3 of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Governing Law and Disputes: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State and Federal Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the County of Allegheny and/or the Western District of Pennsylvania; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) entrants irrevocably waive any right to equitable or injunctive relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
13. Official Rules and Winner List: For the name of the winner of prizes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Kane Brown Meet & Greet Contest Winner”, 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086, Attn: Marketing. For the Official Rules, available for 90 days after winner selection, visit www.rue21.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Kane Brown Meet & Greet Contest”, 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086, Attn: Marketing. Allow approximately two (2) weeks for delivery.
No Sponsorship or endorsement of the Promotion Parties by Instagram is intended or implied; nor is Instagram associated with the Promotion in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor. All information provided for entry into the Promotion is being provided to Sponsor.