The rue 21 “Spring Break with Lea Michele” Sweepstakes
Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Entry Period: The rue21 “Spring Break with Lea Michele pt. 1” Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on February 6, 2014 and ends on 11:59:59 p.m. ET February 25, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Who Can Enter: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. who are at least of the age of majority at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, members, officers or directors of rue21 (“Sponsor”), Sony Music Entertainment (“Prize Provider”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and Regulations and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4: One (1) grand prize winner will be selected randomly by Sponsor on or about February 27, 2014 and will win a Lea Michele meet & greet in San Diego, CA, as described below. The odds of winning each prize are based on the number of eligible entries received by rue21 for the prize.
Prizes: One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Lea Michele meet & greet, which includes the following:
· 2 tickets, for the winner and a guest, to a meet & greet with Lea Michele in San Diego;
· two (2) round trip airline tickets (economy coach class) from the major airport nearest winner’s hometown to San Diego International Airport;
· four (4) nights’ hotel accommodation (standard, one room, triple occupancy) in San Diego;
· five (5) ruebleu swimsuits, to be selected by the winner;
· two hundred dollars ($200) cash;
· ground transportation to and from the meet & greet event for the winner and a guest; and
· ground transportation to and from the airport for the winner and a guest
Five (5) Runner up winners will also be selected randomly by sponsor on or about February 27, 2014 and will win a Lea Michelle Prize Pack, which includes the following:
· one (1) prize pack featuring ruebleu and other rue21 merchandise; and
· one (1) Lea Michele “Louder” CD.
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $4,000 which may vary depending on travel itineraries, costs of air transportation and various other factors at time of award, and approximate combined retail value of all prizes is $4,500. The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash. The winners will be featured on the rue21 Facebook page and website. The winner will be contacted via email if they have won. The odds of winning the grand prize are based on the number of eligible entries received by rue21 during the duration of the Sweepstakes.
Winners must be at least the age of majority as of date of entry. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions are allowed except in rue21’s sole discretion. Non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash. The images of merchandise displayed in the promotion are not necessarily photographs of the actual prizes that will be awarded. Further, rue21 reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Winners are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and sales taxes) attributable to prizes.
5. Winner Notification. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified. Winners will be notified by email or by phone. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winners will be required to respond to the communication from rue21 to acknowledge receipt of the prize. If no response is obtained within 24 hours of notification, attempts may be made to reach the winner by phone or mail or, at rue21’s option, rue21 may select a replacement Winner. In the event a question regarding a winner’s identity arises, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry. The winner of a prize must submit an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability upon request of rue21.
6. General Conditions: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules and Regulations; and/or (c) award all prizes claimed prior to cancellation from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received, up to the time of impairment. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in regard to the interpretation or implementation of these official rules.
7. Limitations of Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT CONTEST PARTIES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, CONCERT CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules and Regulations shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Disputes: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State and Federal Courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the County of Allegheny and/or the Western District of Pennsylvania; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules and Regulations, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Pennsylvania.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is rue21, with offices at 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086. Sony Music Entertainment and Lea Michele are not the Sponsors of this Sweepstakes.
Rules and Regulations and Winners List: For the names of the winners of prizes, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “rue21 Spring Break Sweepstakes Winners”, 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086, Attn: Marketing. For the Rules and Regulations, available for 90 days after winner selection, visit www.rue21.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “rue21 Winners”, 800 Commonwealth Drive, Warrendale, PA USA 15086, Attn: Marketing. Allow approximately two (2) weeks for delivery.