Cookies also allow the Site to recognize a users’ computer or access device each time it is used to visit the Site and cookies can keep count of how often you return. Cookies can also track how you use the Site, your preferences for features and functions and, if you register for the Site, cookies can store information such as your e-mail address and password so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you return to visit. Cookies don’t personally identify you or any particular user or individual.
You can disable or turn the cookie feature off by changing the settings on your Internet browser and you can also change the settings to stop your browser from automatically accepting cookies. Although changing these settings may not affect your ability to browse, it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions of the Site, for instance you will not be able to register for Promotions, and it may also require you to re-enter certain information each time you visit or attempt to use the Site. You should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser to determine how to best configure your browser settings for your needs.
- 3. Personal Information Collected. The term “Personal Information” refers to any information you provide in connection with your use of the Site by which you can be personally identified. Personal Information may include such things as your name, street address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information which might reasonably be used to identify you. We only obtain Personal Information from you when you submit it to us via the Site or through our stores. For example, you may provide information to us when you register for the rueCommunity, submit an expression of interest in a job opportunity, participate in a Promotion, purchase gift cards, request to receive marketing materials, respond to surveys or communicate with our customer service team.
- 6. Promotions. If you submit Personal Information for participation in one of our Promotions we have the right to use this information so that we can administer the Promotions, update your status, notify winners and for other purposes related to the Promotions as set forth in the Official Rules for the Promotions. You should read the Official Rules for any Promotions in which you participate because such Official Rules may provide additional ways in which we may use your Personal Information. Our Promotions may be co-sponsored by other companies and personal information collected during the Promotions may be shared with the co-sponsors, prize providers, Promotions administrator or Promotions service provider (collectively, the “Promotion Partners”) participating in or providing services related to the Promotions. Unless you specifically opt-in to receive additional information from one of the Promotion Partners, our Promotion Partners will only use personal information submitted for Promotions as set forth in this paragraph.
- 7. Disclosure of Your Information To Third Parties. We do not sell, rent, lease, provide or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated entities. We will always let you know if we intend to provide any of your Personal Information to an unaffiliated third party and we will give you the option to “opt-in” or “opt-out” of such use. We always have the right to disclose your Personal Information to any third party we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring the Site, Content and Promotions, and maintaining and providing internal support for the Site, Content, Promotions and services offered through the Site. These third parties are called “operational service providers” and provide internal support for operations and activities and for Site design, development and hosting. Operational service providers, in helping us fulfill orders, monitor site activity and conduct and analyze surveys, may track your Personal Information over time and across third-party websites. We always request that our operational service providers protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Site, nor are they permitted to use your Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
We also reserve the right to make your Personal Information available to third parties in the following instances:
- When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
- If we believe you are, have or may violate any law, regulation, or our Terms;
- If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, property, interests or rights of rue21 or others;
- In order to investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests;
- In a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination.
- 9. Security. We maintain a reasonable standard of security and confidentiality and try to limit information access to individuals who need to have such access to perform their responsibilities associated with the Site and the Content on the Site. The Internet, however, and communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure and it is possible that others may unlawfully intercept or access information, transmissions or communications to, from or within the Site. By using the Site, you are agreeing to assume this risk and any and all responsibility and liability that may arise. If you have questions or concerns about the security of the Site, you may send an email to email@example.com.
- 10. Disclaimer. Although rue21 will take all commercially reasonable measures to protect information provided by its users, rue21 disclaims any and all liability and any and all damages, including but not limited to, consequential and punitive damages in the event that information is inadvertently disclosed to third parties other than as described in this statement.
- 11. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information. You always have the right to request that rue21: (a) correct or update your Personal Information; (b) not share your Personal Information with third parties; or (c) remove your Personal Information from our active marketing databases. Although we may provide you with the ability to update or delete Personal Information directly online, some Personal Information may not be changed or deleted by you and requires you to contact rue21 for verification (e.g., birth date, name). If at any time the Site does not allow you to update or delete Personal Information online, or if you need to change information that needs verification, please contact us.
- 12. Opt-out/Unsubscribe. If you register with the Site, you are agreeing and consenting to receive information and updates about your use of the Site. You may opt-out of any e-mail marketing received by following the unsubscribe or opt-out procedures contained in every communication, or by contacting us However, we may continue to contact you via email for administrative or informational purposes including, without limitation, follow-up messages regarding the administration of your account or any other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
- 13. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of the State of California, under the California Civil Code, you have the right to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options from companies conducting business in California. To do so, send a request for information indicating your preference as to how you would like rue21 to respond to your request (i.e., email or postal mail). To request such information, either contact our designated Privacy Administrator via the contact us form on our website or you may contact us via postal mail, proper postage prepaid, at:
800 Commonwealth Dr.
Warrendale, PA 15086
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
All requests sent via postal mail must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the envelope or post card and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. (Your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email, but please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping.) We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. rue21 is not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.